Peanut Butter is world’s most loved spread. It is a constant favourite for a lot of people right from their childhood to adulthood. It not only aids in preventing heart diseases but also helps in maintaining the right blood sugar levels. Depending upon how much Peanut Butter one consumes, it can help you in gaining muscles or shedding some extra pounds. Hence, it is considered as a great snack option for weight watchers and fitness enthusiasts.
Peanut Butter is the best choice for those who are dedicated to maintaining a balanced diet while at the same time; do not wish to compromise on taste. Peanut Butter is not only rich in taste but is also highly nutritious. Let’s have a glance at how Peanut Butter can help you in gaining the right nutrition while satisfying your taste buds.
Peanut butter provides a good amount of protein, along with essential vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Most notably, each 2-tablespoon (tbsp) serving of smooth peanut butter provides the following nutrients, minerals, and vitamins:
- Protein. Peanut butter contains 7.02 grams (g) of protein per 2-tbsp serving. This counts toward the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) for women of 46 g and 56 g for men, which varies by age and activity level.
- Magnesium. With 57 milligrams (mg) of magnesium, each serving helps towards the RDA of 400–420 mg in men and 310–320 in women. Magnesium is essential for health, playing a role in over 300 chemical processes in the body.
- Phosphorous. Each serving contains 107 mg of phosphorus, which is about 15.3 percent of the RDA of 700 mg for adults. Phosphorus helps the body to build healthy cells and bones and helps cells to produce energy.
- Zinc. A serving of peanut butter provides 0.85 mg of zinc. This is 7.7 percent of the recommended daily intake of 11 mg for men, and 10.6 percent of the RDA of 8 mg for women. Zinc is necessary for immunity, protein synthesis, and DNA formation.
- Peanut butter contains 4.21 mg of niacin per serving, which makes a useful contribution towards a person's recommended intake of 14 to 16 mg. Niacin benefits digestion and nerve function and helps produce energy.
- Vitamin B-6. With 0.17 g of vitamin B-6 per serving, peanut butter provides almost 14 percent of an adult's RDA of 1.3 mg. Vitamin B-6 plays a role in over 100 enzyme reactions in the body and may be necessary for heart and immune system health.
What sets Peanut Butter apart from other items is that it can be used to make different kinds of recipes like Peanut Butter Fudge, Ice Cream, Cookies, Cupcakes and much more. It offers various ways in which you can satisfy your sweet cravings. Peanut Butter desserts are an irresistible way to suffice your sweet cravings.
For children with picky food choices, you can try an array of different recipes with Peanut Butter or perhaps go with the classic Peanut Butter and Jelly with a slice of bread. It is one of the easiest and most popular way of consuming Peanut Butter since many decades.
Apart from that, for fitness enthusiasts, Peanut Butter can be consumed with bananas, eggs and brown bread. It makes the perfect snack for those who like to take a solid snack before hitting the gym or want to satisfy their craving right after a great workout. Peanut Butter is the best choice of snack for many people, be it weight watchers, kids or fitness enthusiasts.
If you are wondering how can you choose the right Peanut Butter for yourself, we suggest go for something that has the least processing. Despite quite a few Peanut Butter brands in the market, we recommend Alpino Peanut Butter which is 100% natural and consists of only good fats. We must say, we fell in love with Alpino Peanut Butter at the first spread!