Technology in restaurants has come a long way. From a simple cash register to a central point of control for all functioning, technology has made a quantum jump. In the restaurant area, there are multiple spaces where technology plays an important role, one of the most crucial ones being restaurant operations.
Now, let’s get the fact understandable that there are a lot of things that an owner must look into. The types of Restaurant operations start from getting the high standard ingredient from the right vendor, ensuring that the kitchen never runs out of stock, checking if all the employees are tirelessly performing their tasks are just a few to start with.
How to Grasp Technology to Streamline Restaurant Operations
Technology streamlines your end-to-end restaurant operations and helps you deliver compatible customer service. The restaurant requires quality ingredients, with freshness and nutrition value being key desired attributes which in-turn affects the quality of dish which Chef is making. Indoor smart garden technology offers Chefs access to fresh and healthy ingredients which increases the overall quality of dishes served. Read below and gather the knowledge about how using technology productively can help you in streamlining restaurant operations:
1. Hassle free Order Taking
You must maximize the growth of cloud technology to support your restaurant operations. A point of sale software that is browser-based and can work easily on any hardware such as a laptop, tablet, even a Smartphone enables Hassle-free order-taking mobile ordering, table reservations, automatic loyalty rewards, and taking orders from outdoor diners. Various food reservation apps are creating the task of table reservations very easy for both the customers and the restaurants.
2. Improved Front-end Operations
There are a lot of daily tasks that need to be done on the front end to ensure that you have Hassle-free operations in the day ahead. The several ways by which technology can smooth your front end restaurant operations are:
• Technology can enable your restaurant staff to provide wonderful guest service. Based on the order history of the customer, the staff can advise and upsell items.
• Self-ordering stands are making news nowadays that let customers order food themselves without the help of a waiter to take their orders.
• Digital menu boards are also an alluring way to display your menu items quickly.
3. Greater Efficiency in Kitchen Operations
The food which is the soul of your restaurant is prepared in the backend. This raises the importance of having operations at the back-end on the mark. The time consumed to prepare a dish, the inventory, the menu, the generation of kitchen waste, cleaning and hygiene, all need to be checked always, and it will now be made easier with the help of technology.
• A Kitchen Display System is an essential part of the restaurant kitchen operations. The Kitchen Order Ticketing (KOT) goes to the separate food-prep station directly, and the approximate delivery time becomes more accurate. Proper communications improve the customer experience and reduce the scope of mistakes on the part of the kitchen staff.
• Executive chefs or kitchen managers can easily make menus and generate food costs for standard or special-order items
• Keeping a check on inventory becomes simple with a restaurant management POS. The software sends you real-time alerts whenever an item gets to its reorder level. This makes sure that you never order an item that is already available or your kitchen runs out of an essential item in a busy hour of the day.