Tiki culture is a motif of exotically created drinks with special glasses catering to an escapist longing for the audience who loves to travel. Started in California in the 1930s, Tiki Culture was inspired by the sentimental appeal of an idealized South Pacific, particularly Hawaii; it is now acknowledged worldwide.
Tiki menu is based only on cocktails influenced by Tiki bars. The cocktails have maintained their position as a beach vacation. For years Tiki drinks have been relegated to the bottom of the cocktail totem. But now in India with a new generation of bartenders, these drinks are taking space in the top of the menu.
Adding Profits to Restaurant Businesses
Prashant Chaudhry, AGM- Food & Beverage, Smaaash Entertainment, says, "We see tiki culture more of innovation in the drinking culture of the party lovers rather than a profit-making business. We always need something different to create a buzz in the market, thus, innovation in the drinking trends is required." work go in the planning of this festival. Most of the recipes are authentic Tiki recipes with a
Planning the Menu for Tiki Fest
"Tiki fest menu is specially designed after R&D done in our sports bars. A lot of time and a hard twist of the modern drinking trends with special tiki glasses designed to serve these drinks to maintain the authenticity, adds Prashant Chaudhry.
Five Tips to Organising Tiki Fest at Restaurants in India
- Try to keep the original authentic recipes
- Communication is the main key to any successful drinks festival. So communication needs to be very clear and self-explanatory about the festival.
- The special focus required on the presentation and look & feel of the tiki drinks to make it more authentic.
- Constantly seek feedback from customers.
- At last, easy on pockets.