- June 19, 2020 / 12 min readTravel Food Services operates over 300 outlets and 19 lounges across travel-hubs including Airports, Railway Stations and Highways spread across 18 cities.
Due to COVID-19 virus, airports across India have taken unprecedented steps as the world around us has changed 360 degrees in the last few weeks. “For us the safety of our teams and customers is paramount, and therefore we are taking precautionary measures to ensure the maximum level of safety. We are strongly emphasizing our sanitization procedures across all our formats across India and have set in processes and training to create safe zones for our customers and employees,” shared the statement.
The group which is one of the biggest players in travel and hospitality has introduced certain precautionary measures to ensure safety of its employee and customers:
· Protecting our employees & making our customers feel safe remains our number one priority hence they are extensively trained for self-hygiene and are given PPE equipment including masks and gloves
· Deep cleaning measures with medical grade disinfectants have been adopted across all our retail outlets, food courts, restaurants, bars, lounges
· We have increased the frequency of disinfection of all food contact surfaces & other surfaces that are frequently touched by team members & customers
· Kitchens and Back of the house areas are sanitized as per WHO and FSSAI advisory
· Conduct daily temperature checks for all colleagues, contractors & vendors
· Hand washing reminder bell installed in all BOH and FOH spaces to ensure that our team members wash their hands regularly
· Provide clean facilities in using restrooms & washing hands
· Ensuring proper social distancing is maintained; this includes increasing the distance between our guests, order takers, stewards, cashiers, guest seating’s; even placing markings on our floors to help maintain healthy distance
· Positioning our credit card devices (EDCs) so that guests may swipe their own credit cards without staff assistance – A complete contactless process including, cashless payments is set up to avoid cash / change payment. Payments through contact less cards, UPIs, is encouraged. Hand washing / sanitizing follows all cash handling
With increased impetus given to hygiene and food safety behaviour in their kitchens to ensure adequate food safety measures, they are closely following all the public health advisories issued by government bodies and are taking stringent measures in adherence with the same.
“We have strongly emphasized our sanitization procedures across all our formats across India, and have set in processes to create safe zones within our outlets for our employees, guests and associates,” shared Gaurav Dewan, COO and Business Head.
Other measures include training, and sensitizing their employees and associates to the protocol prescribed by the Government authorities, sanitization of all furniture, handles and other high touch areas, increased frequency of hand washing and use of medical grade disinfecting solutions in the outlet and kitchen.”
Search for top Restaurant Suppliers in your city