- June 29, 2020 / 10 min readHome delivery and kerbside takeaway service still available for customers across India.
Coffee chain Tata Starbucks will resume dine-in service at select stores in Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara with elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Stores will operate with 50% seating capacity to allow for social distancing between customers and partners (employees).
“Starbucks stores are familiar places of connection for coffee lovers around the world. As we navigate through the crisis, we are transforming the in-store Starbucks Experience to new public health guidelines and evolving customer behaviours and expectations,” said Navin Gurnaney, CEO, Tata Starbucks Pvt. Ltd.
Tata Starbucks has also introduced new safety and hygiene measures inside stores that include:
· Mandatory temperature checks and facial coverings for customers, partners and delivery personnel.
· Elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols that meet or exceed public health guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19, with all surfaces sanitized every thirty minutes.
· Use of personal protective equipment by all partners and regular hand washing.
· Kitchens that meet or exceed global safety and hygiene standards.
· Designated waiting areas and social distancing markers for takeaway customer. Tables and seating are marked to help customers maintain social distancing.
· Safety instructions and hand sanitizers are available to customers at touch-points throughout the store.
· Customers are encouraged to use cashless payments such as cards, UPI, or the Starbucks Mobile app.
· Dine-in customers are requested to dispose of their disposable masks or gloves in the dedicated trash bin provided at the entrance rather than leaving them on tables.
· The condiment bar has temporarily been removed from all stores, but condiments are available upon request.
Contactless delivery and kerbside takeaway options are also available in select areas.
Starbucks opened its first store in India in October 2012 under a strategic alliance with Tata Global Beverages Limited. Tata Starbucks Limited is a 50/50 Joint Venture which owns and operates 186 Starbucks stores in 11 cities across India.
Search for top Restaurant Suppliers in your city