|December 18, 2016
|10:00AM - 10:15AM ||Welcome Note By: Ms. Ritu Marya, Editor-in-Chief, Franchise India
Lighting of Lamp & Inauguration
|10:15AM - 11:15AM ||Inaugural Session: Setting The Scene for Restaurant Growth in South India
Chief Guest : Shri Priyank Kharge, Hon’ble Minister of State, IT, BT & Tourism, Govt. of Karnataka
Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, Celebrity Chef and Restaurateur
Mr. Chander K. Baljee, Chairman & Managing Director, Royal Orchid Hotels
- The State of the Restaurant Industry : Restaurant economics and consumer Trends in South Indian market and Opportunity India
- Food law and policy: Complying with new menu labelling & food safety regulations
- How technology is shaping the future of foodservice markets and their suppliers
- From idea to IPO –Finding Success in Scale
|11:15AM - 11:30AM
|11:30AM -12:15 PM ||Session 1:
Meeting The Need OF The Evolving Consumer
Trends and Innovation:What are the hot new concepts, foods and products in the South Indian market? What eating trends are shaping the industry? How is the traditional business model evolving? How are millennials changing the models and concepts of the future?
Key note Speaker: Mr. A D Singh, Managing Director, Olive Bar & Kitchen
Session Moderator: Mr.Somick Goswami, Partner & Executive Director-Consulting, PwC India
Mr. Ashish Saxena, CEO & MD, Texmex Cuisines Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Sahil Jain, Co-Founder, Dine Out
- Appealing to Changing south Indian tastes and sensibilities : Aiming for consistency in food while having a creative menu
- The growing Night Life culture and global cuisines
- The Bistro and the Café Moment in South India
- Building Omnichannel and Mobile Brand Experience for tech savy consumer
- Benefits of Co-Branding to capture the non-customer
- Factoring Service Efficiency and Guest Experience for hard to please consumer
|12:15PM-1:00PM ||Session 2:
The Capital Forum
Investors - What are they looking for? Why do they invest in F&B? At what stage of the cycle is the market at currently? Where are the opportunities for 2016-17
Session Moderator: Mr. S. Shenoy, Director-Financial Advisory Services, Deloitte India
Mr. Srikanth Narasimhan, Founder & Director, Veda Corporate Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
Shri Anadi Charan Sahu, General Manager, SIDBI -Bangalore Regional Office
- Market Signals : What is important for Investors in 2016-2017
- Why Casual dining over other segments
- Finding the right balance in valuations for restaurants and new food product businesses
- Evaluating the state of private equity investing in franchisees
- Exit outlook amongst PEs and early-stage backers
- Consolidate and conquer: Merger is on the menu
- Making Best Deal Possible: How Advisors are connecting Restaurant Owners to Investors
|2:00PM - 2:45PM ||Session 3:
Building Growth From Local To National To International
Taking into consideration cultural, societal and geo-political differences, how can you make your concept palatable nationally and internationally and get greater ROI for your business
Session Moderator: Ms. Ritu Marya, Editor-in-Chief, Franchise India
Mr. Reynold Fernandes, CEO- Oriental Cuisines Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Vipin Sachdev, Managing Director & Resident Source of Motivation, Tuscana Pizzeria
Mr. Mihir Desai, Co-Owner, Corum Hospitality
- Taking authentic south Indian restaurants Pan India and In global markets
- What happens when expansion extends beyond the original geographic market area; how to keep the stores consistent and the locations similar?
- Multiple units, multiple concepts: how the modern day franchise owners' model is changing?
- Why South Indian is a great and a Natural market for QSR’s in terms of acceptability, ecosystem and Business Mind-set
- How Food Service & Restaurant Industry can think Sustainble Scalabilty
|2:45PM – 3:30 PM
A Mouthful Of The South
Menu Trends by Leading Chefs From Indian and Global Markets
Session Moderator: Chef Vikram S Udaygiri, Proprietor, Food Sense Consulting
Chef Ajit Bangera, Senior Executive Chef, ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
Chef Vijay Anand Bakshi, Corporate Chef, Paradise Food Court Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Thashvin Muckatira, Founder & Chef , Holy Cow Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. (PlanB, Mother Cluckers and One Night in Bangkok)
Chef Kasi Viswanathan Muthuraman, Vice President-SICA & Executive Chef- Radisson Blu-Atria, Bengaluru
Chef Anthony En Yuan Huang, Executive Chef, JW Marriott Bengaluru
Mr. O.P Khanduja, Business Head, DS SpicecoPvt. Ltd.(Catch Salts & Spices)
- The latest trends in food, ingredients, travel and pop culture.
- The Lost Recipes make a comeback: Regional cuisines,multi-cultural flavors and Reinvented Foods
- Healthy is trending: How restaurants are integrating a clean and nutritious menu strategy by new balanced options or cleaning up items
- New Beverages Trends
|3:30PM-3:45PM ||Session 5:
Outlining The Future Of Restaurant Management Solutions:
Mr. Sahil Jain, Co-Founder, Dine Out
- Eradicating Simple Pen and Paper Method to record and track customer information and enable a restaurant to optimise operations, through better walk-in's, waitlist and reservation management.
- Bringing all restaurant operations to 1 easily accessible, user friendly dashboard.
- 3 Components of a Restaurant's Bermuda Triangle - Recognise, Personalise and Reengage with the customer.
- Focus on ROI Based Marketing - How to drive more footfall to your restaurant?
- An Assorted blend of brand positioning for a QSR restaurant (White label app on ios and android, SEO, SEM's, Website)
- Actioning loyalty and receiving food orders/takeaways, through self run channels to increase revenue and utilise the in house restaurant spends more efficiently.
|3:45PM – 4:00PM
|4:00PM – 4:45PM ||Session 6:
SOUL AND SCALE: HOW TO RETAIN BOTH TOGETHER
HOW LEGACY RESTAURANTS CAN BUILD GROWTH
Session Lead & Moderator: Chef Abhijit Saha, Founder, Director & Chef, Avant Garde Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Chef Vikas Seth, Culinary Director, Embassy Group, ELEPPL &Lounge Hospitality LLP
Chef Koushik Shankar, Chef & Restaurateur, Eatitude
- Hear what it will take for Innovating your Restaurant Goodwill beyond its four walls and
build a consumer brand while maintaining authenticity, quality and brand integrity
- How brands can translate their culture-led message to consumers
|4:45PM – 5:15PM ||Session 7:
Changing The Business Model Of Hotel Restaurants
With F&B being a cornerstone of most hotels, what are the best ways to maximize revenue in a restaurant space? What are the key elements in play for revamping the hotel restaurant scene? What innovative models are being used?
Chef Karthikeyan S, Chef de Partie, The Rice Boat, Kochi
Chef Sumant Vikas, Corporate Chef, Cremica Food Industries Ltd.
|5:15PM -5:45PM ||Session 8
INNOVATING IN TO NEW MARKETS :
How to Franchise your Restaurant Business
Leading franchise expert Mr. Gaurav Marya will guide delegates pursuing market growth opportunities in the restaurant sector through the franchise business model.
Mr. Karan Tanna, Chief Executive Officer, Yellow Tie Hospitality
Mr. Griffith David, Managing Director, Habanero Foods International Pvt. Ltd.
- Balancing skills and ownership in Franchising
- Why foreign brands are keen on sharing franchisee opportunity when extending beyond geographical boundaries
- How to create a win-win situation for both franchisee and franchisor?
- The mall mania: Food is the new love:C-Level Perspectives on Design that Drives Growth
|5:45PM – 6:15PM ||Session 9
DESIGNING FOR SCALABILITY
Prof. Krishna Rao Jaisim, Principal Architect, Jaisim Fountainhead
Ms. Jenny Andrews, Founder & Chief Creative Lead- StudioJ
- What’s hot, exciting and innovative in design
- How to translate a brand into different markets seamlessly.
- Instilling your brand’s DNA into your design to make your customers feel at home. Making sure your concept fits into any surrounding.
- Location. Location. Location :Getting the right combination of high street, malls & food courts and non –tradtional places
|Restaurant India 2016 Awards Ceremony
Chief Guest: Shri U.T Khader, Hon’ble Minister- Food &Public Distribution, Govt. of Karnataka
Keynote by : Niren Chaudhary, President- KFC Global